Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Red Devils 2nd @ State!!

We are so proud of our GCHS Soccer team. They had an amazing season (17-1-1) and took 2nd at State. Jimmy spent a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time helping coach this team. I think that it was a very rewarding season for him. Derek is a sophomore and has a starting position on defense. He is so fast! I love to watch him play. We went to a program by the Latter-day Voices. They had cool red shirts with the word "defense" in bold white letters. Jimmy asked how he could get one for Derek and Bro. Salmond's wife (the director) give hers to Derek. He was so excited. It looks good on him too. I'll see if I can get him to pose and post it later.

One of the funnest things about this weekend was spending time with my sister. She spoils us and is much fun to be around. I love that my kids look forward to the trip as much as I do. I used to wait till the day of our trip to let them know that we were traveling to SL or they would hound me everyday. But this trip I was too excited and we had a countdown together. Cousins are the best, sisters are awesome too!

No comments: